Re: Web Doc

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Web Doc
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:47:56 +0100

Den 05-Dec-01 skrev Jan Nieuwenhuizen:

JN> Oh, wouldn't it be good when Debian has automatic build depends
JN> resolving.

Well, I don't think that would be much good as long as I don't have root
access and there are so little standards for configure options. I.e. not all
packages support prefix=foo arguments to configure... :-(

JN> Ah, but I made several patches for texinfo.  If you use texinfo <
JN> 4.0b, the doc should build, but you will get the reference manual as
JN> one big html file.

Oh yes, btw, would you please re-install the one-file refman online?
It was so nice when searching for specific keywords.

JN>> texinfo --version

JN> :-)
JN>
JN> You see TeX itself, here.  To see what texinfo is installed, type:
JN>
JN>    makeinfo --version

Tnx. :-\ why is it that unix-programs are always so un-intuitive? :-(

-Rune