Re: Piano pedalling patch

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Re: Piano pedalling patch
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:18:34 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:52:21PM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> >s->set_grob_property ("direction", gh_int2scm(-1));
> >+  s->set_grob_property ("width-correct", gh_double2scm(0));
> >+  s->set_grob_property ("type", ly_symbol2scm ("line"));
> >+  s->set_grob_property ("outer", gh_bool2scm (true));
>
> This is something that should be done via
> scm/grob-description.scm. Perhaps you can put these settings in a grob

OK - sounds sensible. (allows the user to have dotted/dashed lines, and
even pedal markings above the stave!)

> callled SustainPedalBracket, and switch between TextSpanner (or
> whichever is the other alternative) and SustainPedalBracket using some
> other property.

What do you mean by 'switch between' here? If the molecule-callback for
SustainPedalBracket is the Text_spanner::brew_molecule, then surely all
the properties of text spanners are already available to the user. Apart
from edge-width, edge-height and shorten, but do we want to allow for
brackets that don't line up properly?

--
chris