Re: Piano pedalling patch

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Piano pedalling patch
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:23:34 +0100 (CET)

> The spacing is pretty much finished for now; the reg test for .39
> comes out cleanly (except for spacing-factor, but I haven't decided
> how to make the spacing tweakable yet).

Nice to hear.  Mensural notation will need a spacing algorithm of its own
(basically, something similar to TeX's \raggedright with the possibility
of individually setting a grob's absolute width).  This will be important
in particular (but not only) for mensural ligatures, because using the
current spacing algorithmus would result in huge space after each
ligature, since all the spaces between the ligature's components (which
are glued together) have to go somewhere.  I intend to give it a try
around easter.

Greetings,
Juergen