Re: rests

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: rests
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:55:14 +0200

Chris Jackson wrote:

> Please add entries to the reference manual when you add features like
> this! This should be in the 'Rests' section. Especially since the style
> property doc in the auto-generated Rest page doesn't mention this.

Well, yes, sorry.
The problem is that I have had serious problems building the damn manual
- hoping they get fixed when I get redhat up and running on my own
computer.
At the time being (back when I added the classical rest) you could also
say \property Staff.Rest \override #'style = #'mensural in order to get
mensural rests, and this wasn't documented anywhere, either.
We started a diskussion of a reimplementation of the way of setting
styles of various grobs (rests, noteheads, clefs, etc) - but we didn't
really come up with anything... You can scan back to about february (i
guess) to read the discussion.

-Rune