Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Guitar tablature for LilyPond !
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:34:03 +0200

Rune Zedeler wrote:

If you use a translator property, you can change it from within lilypond with

\property Staff.tabString = #3

Bah, but then it won't work with chords, silly me...
I'm not really sure what is the best approach, eh...
We need a simple way of setting properties for individual note requests...
So that one could do i.e.

< c-\stringOne e-\stringThree >

Hmm, I don't know...
Alternatively we should realize that staff and tab needs different input - and then use the fingering mechanism, so that in a tab environment

c-3

means play the c on 3rd string... The original fingering scripts could be simply removed by not adding the fingering_engraver to the tab-staff.

-Rune