Re: Syntax: a2*2

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Syntax: a2*2
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:20:55 +0300 (EET DST)

> Well, that's a completely different matter. The problem is that
> you could easily input a \repeat tremolo instruct where there
> is no standard notation. In your example you may claim that
> Lilypond could be smart enough to insert a bar line and and
> output two bars.Likewise, for

Actually, I was concerned about very long tremolos (example in the end).

> \repeat tremolo 5 {c16 es}
> it'd have to split into two separate chord tremolos with half note
> and eigth note durations, respectively. In some cases this
> division can be done in several ways, so it's not trivial.
>
> A first step, though, would be for Lilypond to warn about
> situations it does not know how to handle. I try to put
> together a patch.

If a long tremolo needs to be split in to two parts, then there will be
two separate tremolos. Hence, these two separate tremolos could just be
entered by the user.

In the former case and in the latter case of tremolo-examples:

> > \score { \notes { \time 12/4 \context Voice = i {
> >     \repeat "tremolo" 6 { c8 es } s1. % While tremolos are repeated long
> >     \repeat "tremolo" 12 { c8 es }}}} % enough, the duration is too short.

the durations of notes heads should be as below:

> Does a\breve. give you what you are looking for?
>
>   /Mats

Yes. There should be note heads of type 'a\breve.' in the latter tremolo.

--
      Heikki Junes