Problem with triangular noteheads back

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Problem with triangular noteheads back
Date: 18 Jun 2002 10:25:10 -0400

I reported this problem as a problem switching from 1.4 to 1.5, but
the latest incarnation may have nothing to do with 1.5.

I have set up a user (called stable) who has 1.4.13 installed in a
private directory.  The system has 1.5 installed in /usr/local..., but
this user has a .bashrc which invokes the private copy of
lilypond-profile, and a $PATH which has the private copy before
/usr/local/bin.

A few days ago, this was working fine, and I haven't done anything to
the private 1.4.13 installation.  This morning I had to make a minor
change to a large work which hasn't been converted to 1.5, so this
user copied the directory cleaned it out, and ran make, and gets the
triangular noteheads.

I assume this is because there's some reason it's getting the public
1.5 fonts instead of the private 1.4 ones, but I don't see how.

kpsewhich reports:

kpsewhich feta16
/home/stable/usr/share/lilypond/1.4.14/tex/feta16.tex

which is the right answer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm sending this to lilypond-devel instead of lilypond-user because
I'm sure it's a problem relating to trying to run both versions on the
same system, not a real problem with 1.4.13.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139