Re: cotrol of broken ties

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Re: cotrol of broken ties
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:45:02 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Any spanner should be a triple of property sets for
>
>   not-broken
>   before-break
>   after-break

> In the normal case, the properties from non-broken are simply copied
> to before-break and after-break.

Except that spanners can be broken in many pieces (more than 2). For
example the staff-symbol. Or a very long phrasing slur. I think that
it is wiser to wait for real problems (of which yours is one) to
accumulate so we can see what the best solution is.

>   \context Staff \outputproperty #(make-after-break-position-checker 0)
>                                  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2)
>   \context Staff \outputproperty #(make-after-break-position-checker -1)
>                                  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 1)
>
> (I leave it to you to write a nice make-after-break-position-checker
> function :-)
>
> I think modifying the callback isn't the right solution since you
> can't pass parameters, right?

Erm. What do you mean with "modifying the callback"?

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen