Re: still lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: still lyrics
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:14:51 +0200

address@hidden said:
> IMHO yes.  A probably better solution is to introduce a
> `interscorelinefilllastpage' variable (what a wonderful name :-) which
> takes care of that.

I'm not sure how this can be done easily in TeX. Isn't it that the
page breaking is determined at such a late stage that it's hard to
intercept and treat the last page separately? Also, what if this is
the last page of the moment (or musical snippet in a document) but
not the last page of the document? I can't see any good universal
strategy.
Actually, one problem here is that a lilypond generated .tex
should be possible to process using bare tex or texinfo, otherwise
we could use some more LaTeX constructs to simplify the
 macros used in the files.

> We agree that lilypond should (I repeat: should) know about page-heights
> so that it could encourage things like using a whole number of pages -
> and keeping volta-repeats on the same page / doublepage - and extend
> spacing between staves on pages with fewer systems - but this would
> propably require a total abandoning of tex.

When used in lilypond-book, for example, it's excellent that
Lilypond does NOT know about page sizes, so the page breaking
can be done wherever needed. See for example the table of
the feta font at the end of the manual (unfortunately it's
still broken in the web version). If you want a small musical
snippet to be kept on one page of a document, you probably
want to put it within a figure environment anyway.

I'll take another look at the problem with page breaking after
movement titles.

  /Mats