Re: How to move from one grandparent to another

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: How to move from one grandparent to another
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:46:15 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > I think it should be possible with
> >
> >   \translator StaffGroup = up
> >   \translator Staff = stwo
>
> No, this was also my 1st thought.
> Problem is that the child of "StaffGroup" is "Staff", and hence
> "\translator StaffGroup = up" tries to move the STAFF (and not the
> VOICE) to the new staffgroup.
> This simple example still looks fairly right - but when things get more
> complicated it gets totally - ehm - I gotta watch my language now... :-)
> In this simple example you can see that things go wrong on the rightmost
> bar line - it does not (as it should) connect the two lowermost staves.

(crossposts trimmed).

OK; so I guess we only want threads and voices to move around, so we
should have syntax like. ... No wait -- I think that this is fairly
uncommon; I think it is better to devise a Scheme level solution (like
providing functions to move around contexts), and see if that gets
used so much that it warrants new syntax.

How about that?

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen