Re: dynamics for piano

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: dynamics for piano
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:51:02 +0200 (CEST)

> > > For piano music, dynamic marks are usually centered between the
> > > left and right staff.  How can I do that globally to avoid
> > > fiddling around with extra-offset for each dynamic sign?
>
> See the example file input/template/piano-dynamics.ly

Thanks, I had a similar idea, but this is not what I have in mind.
Your approach means that I have to separate dynamic input completely
from the note input which is awkward and error prone.  What about
adding an attribute to `\dynamicscript' for selecting the staff line?
E.g.

  FFF = \dynamicscript #"fff" \staff #"dynamics"

    Werner