Re: errors on make and kdvi

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: errors on make and kdvi
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:09:38 +0200 (CEST)

On 14 Aug 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

> kviewshell: ERROR: Checksum mismatch (dvi = -303356396pk = 729422527) in font
> file /tmp/lily5pk/pk/ljfour/feta20.600pk

Sorry for repeating my presumption, but that really sounds to me like
there are still old font files lying around.  Maybe, depending on your TeX
installation, clean-fonts.sh does not find all of them.  This shell script
just looks in a number of standard directories, but if your TeX
distribution is e.g. installed somewhere else, clean-fonts.sh will not
work (which actually happened a few months ago to me).

Also note that some versions of find (which is used by clean-fonts.sh) do
not follow symbolic links by default.  This also may cause trouble.

If you want to be sure and have some time to wait, maybe you want to try
something like:

  find / -name \*feta\* -print

or (for the ancient fonts)

  find / -name \*parmesan\* -print

If your TeX installation is mounted via automount, be sure the directory
is visible when invoking the find command.

Greetings,
Juergen