Properties

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Properties
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:10:48 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> a) add a lot of properties
>
> b) add one list-type property containing symbols corresponding to the
> properties of a)
>
> c) add one function-type property taking some argument and returning a
> value (in this case: taking two noteheads as argument and returning
> whether they should be merged)
>
> It is not clear to me what is prefered by the main developers. Though I
> see that in earlier versions - before scm - a) was the only option.
> Today iiuc b) or c) should be prefered and hence I don't like adding a
> third option for controlling the notehead-visibility.
> Though I am very unsure whether the developers prefer b og c. - I see no
> consistensy between different properties.
>
> Are there any comments on this?

Yes: I haven't made up my mind in either way.  Although (b) might seem
most efficient, a logical set of symbols to put into the list doesn't
pop into my mind (but hey, it's getting late :-).

The problem with (c) in this case, is that the function would
duplicate a lot of logic from the collision code, and would be fairly
hairy to write in Scheme.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen