[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH] Clusters

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Clusters
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:04:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >   Then, for protocol reasons, I removed this code and used
> >   #(make-span-event ...) instead to create span requests.  This still
> >   works, but the start and end point of the spanner are shifted;
> >   e.g., if I say "... c d #(make-span-event 'ClusterEvent STOP) e f
> >   g a b", the request refers to the "a" or "b".  This is especially
> >   true, if polyphony like "<c d>" occurs shortly beforehand.
> that's strange. Can you give an exact example?

With the new "<< ... >>" syntax, it seems now to work.  Still, the cluster
systematically stops one music event too early.  I fixed this with the
attached patch.

> if you want to use #(..) in stead of \stuff, you have to use
> ly:export, i.e.
>    note-#(ly:export (make-some-music .. ) )

Ok, but currently, if I replace

startCluster = #(make-span-event 'ClusterEvent START)

in ly/ with

startCluster = \notes {
  #(ly:export (make-span-event 'ClusterEvent START))

(which I expected to work analogous to the definition of e.g. "cresc")

then I get a parse error when trying to compile
input/regression/  Is this intended behaviour?

(From another mail:)
> ...
> Can you double check that the website continues to
> build? I now get
>        <unnamed port>:
>        grob-property-description.scm: Can't find property: segments
>        make[2]: *** [out-www/lilypond-internals.texi] Fout 2

Ooops, sorry for that.  Actually I hesitated compiling the full web site,
since this takes many hours on my machine (mostly because of the mftrace
stuff), and I can not run it over night, because my tetex installation
(which is mounted via nfs due to lack of disk space), comes with an old
texinfo version, and therefore I have an additional, newer version of
texinfo installed locally, but since these two versions bite each other, I
have to switch paths several times during compilation... (arrgh!)  But I
will try anyway, next time.


Attachment: diff-1.7.7.jr1
Description: Text document

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]