Re: layout tweaks

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: layout tweaks
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:53:44 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, 15 May 2003 14:03:26 +0200
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

[follow-up to lilypond-devel]
address@hidden writes:

It *is* very important to have control over page breaks, e.g.
for orchestral parts. Usually, a page break should coincide
with a rest of sufficient length to turn the page (I know string
players have other options, but I always feel it is a bit weird
if half of the group stops playing to turn the page).

Oh, string players still like having rests to turn a page.  As you point out,
it isn't _necessary_, but we still complain if we don't have rests.  :)

In chamber music it's definitely necessary also for string players.
I've seen far to many string quartet editions with impossible page
turns.

   /Mats