/dev/stderr on cygwin

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: /dev/stderr on cygwin
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:01:19 +0100

Just having fun trying to build the current development version 1.7.21 on
Cygwin. I've managed to compile it now, after a few tweaks (e.g. install
complained that /usr/local/share/omf did not exist.  Also this time,
configure could locate python2.2.dll, when it couldn't when I tried to build
1.7.20)

Now it's running. The problem is that ly2dvi wants to write to /dev/stderr
when running latex, and complains that it does not exist.  It doesn't exist
as a regular file, but rather seems to be a special feature of the bash
shell (and possibly other shells), so I'm not sure how the python script
might be changed.

--
Chris