Re: delete from input/test, round 2.

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: delete from input/test, round 2.
Date: 19 Jun 2003 20:12:15 -0400

    Han-Wen> address@hidden writes:

    >> > remove.
    >>
    >> Why remove this?  Do we have another hymn with part-combiner?  Maybe
    >> move to template?

    Han-Wen> For a hymn, it has very little lyrics. What is the
    Han-Wen> difference between a hymn and a SATB score?

I agree it isn't a good hymn example.  I'm sure it illustrates some
problem someone was having with setting a hymn sometime.

A typical hymn setting (at least in the US) is 4 voices, not very
rhythmically different, set on two staves (treble and bass), with
lyrics (usually several verses) between the staves.  There should be a
template for that.  But input/test/hymn.ly isn't it.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139