spare ties: refman or input/test (was: Re[2]: ly/property-init.ly)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: spare ties: refman or input/test (was: Re[2]: ly/property-init.ly)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:41:22 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:34:36 +0200
Jeremy <address@hidden> wrote:
> J> I think it would genuinely be effective to document \tieUp, etc.
> in: J>
> http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
>
> While on this page, I do not understand why the specification on
> lesser ties per chord have been removed in the development release.
> Isn't pointing to an outside files a problem for the PS/PDF versions
> of the manual?

I believe that the link would still say "see input/test/tie-sparse.ly";
it just wouldn't be clickable.

> Is it to make the whole updating process a bit less
> painful, and if so, can't the content of the file be embedded?

While it might make updating a bit less painful, I don't think it's worth it.
That info should be in refman, not input/test/ .

It looks like Jan created that file in 1.3.41.  My guess is that they created
the file, then added the info to refman (but kept the input/test/ file), and
then (for some reason) decided to take it out of the refman.  I think we
should have that info in refman and not in input/test.