lily on ia64 (cont'd)

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: lily on ia64 (cont'd)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:58:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

FYI: on ia64, with gcc 3.3.1 and bison 1.28, lily compiles and seems to
run (though I still have problems with scm load path, font path, etc., but
that is another story).  Putting debugging code into the destructor of
Array however shows, that many times array_ is already 0 when entering the
destructor.  This is even true on i586, but much more seldom than on ia64.
With gcc 2.96, lily crashed with segfault in the destructor.  A simple
test program on ia64 with gcc 2.96 that applies the delete operator on a
null pointer, however, did *not* immediately crash; there must be
something additional that causes the crash.

I think it should be considered a bug that array_ sometimes is 0 when
entering the destructor (including i586), even if it does not directly
seem to immediately crash lily, right?

BTW., on ia64 with gcc 3.3.1 and bison 1.875, lily does not compile, but
the generated parser.cc contains 3 lines in an #if ... #endif that test
for gcc >= 2.93 and, if true, add an "unused" macro to suppress an unused
warning.  gcc 3.3.1 chokes on this code.

Greetings,
Juergen