Re: 1.9.4 released/Request for comments: chord syntax!

From: Tyler Eaves
Subject: Re: 1.9.4 released/Request for comments: chord syntax!
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:17:37 -0400

I see this as a very BAD idea. To me code (and I consider lilypond input
code) should be as self explanitory as possible. Besides, that kind of
nesting makes it WAY to easy to type the wrong number of characters (IE
>> instead of >>>) If that kind of nesting is really desired, maybe an
optional 'level count' would be better?

So indead of:           You get:
< >                     < > (Same)

In my mind, something like that is much less error-prone, not to mention
more readable.