chord syntax

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: chord syntax
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:10:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just noticed you just started to adapt the documentation to the changed
chord syntax.  I have no strong vote for or against the <<>> vs. <>
change, but let me put out one thing:

The most often syntactical constructs that especially a beginner will see
are (according to the new syntax):

  \context Staff {
  }

and

  \context Staff <<

With respect to this syntactical construct, I somewhat prefer the old
syntax.  Otherwise a beginner may ask, why, for consistency, you do not
write:

  \context Staff {{
  }}

(which, yes, I know, you actually could in this particular case; but that
was not intended when the syntax was created, I guess :-)).

Just some thoughts...

Greetings,
Juergen