Re: Windows Scripts

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Re: Windows Scripts
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:34:00 +0100

Fodor Bertalan <address@hidden> wrote:

> But Ly2dvi doesn't like file names with spaces:

Is this restriction to files and directories without spaces really an
insurmountable problem?  Could fixing this be just a matter of quoting or
escaping the appropriate file and directory path strings (from a brief peek,
would this be include_path?) within ly2dvi?  Or would this have side-effects
for portability (does a similar restriction exist on Linux?)

It seems to me that fixing it at the core would be nicer than putting in the
documentation that users need to work around it.  For better or worse,
default directories with spaces are here to stay on Windows.  If we start to
recommend Jérémie's clickable-ly script as the way for newbies to run lily,
then it'd be nice if ly files would be clickable from anywhere.

--
chris