Lilypond 2.0.1 fink package for MacOS X now available

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Lilypond 2.0.1 fink package for MacOS X now available
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:21:12 -0700

[BTW, I usually don't announce releases to this mailing list. Is there anybody I can send these notices to so the download web page gets updated?]

I'm pleased to announce that a fink package for lilypond 2.0.1 is now in the fink CVS repository. Thanks to Jan Nieuwenhuizen for his advice on obtaining prepackaged PFA fonts, and to everybody who sent me feedback to move this along!

To try it:

- Get the Fink package manager from http://fink.sourceforge.net
- Get the Lilypond package description by enabling the "unstable" tree in fink and executing "fink selfupdate-cvs". Unfortunately, Sourceforge anonymous CVS can be a bit flaky at the moment, so you might need to try a few times before you succeed.
- Install the Lilypond package by executing

        fink install lilypond

[Once a 2.1 lilypond branch gets started, there may also be a lilypond-unstable package for that]. That's it! The command should compile & install all Lilypond prerequisites (python, TeX, X11, ghostscript) and then Lilypond itself.

Please let me know about your success or failure in using this package.

Matthias