Re: Lilypond 2.0.1 built ok for FreeBSD 4.0 w/gcc 2.95.2

From: R. D. Davis
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.0.1 built ok for FreeBSD 4.0 w/gcc 2.95.2
Date: 20 Nov 2003 02:22:15 -0500
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:22:15 -0500

Quothe R. D. Davis, from writings of Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:59:56PM -0500:
> Has anyone else run into this problem with ImageMagick?

Yes, I know that replying to one's own message isn't considered a good
thing. :-) ...however, in case anyone else has any problem installing
ImageMagick in order to get Lilypond working, after a little
experimenting, I figured out how to get ImageMagick's configure to
succeed (part of the battle won):

 ./configure --with-lzh --enable-delegate-build --with-png --with-jpeg
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libpng"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"

Configure appeared to go ok, then, running make appeared to succeed.
Running display, however, failed, with a segmentation fault and core
dump.  Upon running make check, a window popped up on the screen
congratulating me for being able to display an image, but then, the
test results came back showing that 3 out of 33 tests failed, and
11 out of 334 subtests failed.

t/fpx/read: dubious - generated a core
t/fpx/write: dubious - generated a core
t/ttf/read: NOK & FAILED (image opacity differs)

Any thoughts on this?

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &