Re: Drums broken in 2.0.1?

From: R. D. Davis
Subject: Re: Drums broken in 2.0.1?
Date: 23 Nov 2003 12:55:36 -0500
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:55:36 -0500

Hi, what I'm using to read the MIDI file is timidity; even though it
worked right with the MIDI output from earlier versions of lilypond,
and I'm sure was using track 10, I used "-D 10" on the command line to
specify that it use that track, and still got the same result: a
piano-like sound.  However...

Quothe Juergen Reuter, from writings of Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 05:12:50PM +0100:
> * if lily really outputs the MIDI drum notes to channel #10; you can check
>   this e.g. by loading the MIDI file into a MIDI sequencer software and
>   have a look at what the sequencer displays.

Ah, one problem solved.  Thanks! :-) Rosegarden shows that Lilypond is
putting the drums on the last track, whatever that number happens to
be.  So, it appears that there may be something strange going on with
the midi code.  This also shows that I was wrong about it being
connected with the notes being transposed down an octave.  Hence,
these are now two separate, seemingly unrelated, issues.

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &