Re: input/bugs/

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: input/bugs/
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:02:37 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
To all those with CVS access: the input/bugs/ directory is deprecated.
Do not put any stuff in that directory.

Bugs should either be

 * fixed

or

 * documented in the manual

Yes, in an ideal world! In reality, there's at least one more
stage, namely when the bug has been reported but nobody has had
the time to bring it to any of the two stages mentioned above.
I interpret your email that you want bug-lilypond as the only
place for (yet unsolved) bug reports.

Also, the best way of documenting a bug, at least for the person
who who wants to fix it later, is by an example. It can often be
difficult to fully understand and repeat a bug documented only
in text. However, I'm sure you don't want to fill the documentation
with examples of obscure bugs.

    /Mats

input/bugs/ falls under neither category.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology