beam problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: beam problem
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:00:45 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Tadaa.
>

>     Werner

> %
> % This file shows a problem with beams in lilypond
> % CVS 2004-01-16 07:44 MET.
> %
> % . I get a lot of
> %
> %     programming error: No beam posns (Continuing; cross thumbs)
> %
> %   warnings.  I wasn't able to make the example shorter; if I remove a
> %   bar, lilypond formats it within a single line (BTW, this yields an
> %   *extremely ugly* result because the spacing is squeezed to a
> %   minimum), and the error doesn't occur.

hi,

* Can you send me a stack-trace of the programming_error() ?

* I believe it is related to

  for (int i=0; i < broken_intos_.size (); i++)
    {
      SCM al = broken_intos_[i]->get_grob_property ("all-elements");
      al  = uniquify_list (al);
    }

in system.cc.  Can you see if the problem goes away if you comment out
the uniquify_list() call?  I cannot duplicate the problem ; it might
be related to memory layout.

Thanks.