Re: dynamic in parentheses

From: José Luis Cruz
Subject: Re: dynamic in parentheses
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:11:03 +0100

Werner wrote:

> I need dynamic marks in parentheses, for example `(f)'.  How can
> this be done best with lilypond?  Ideally, I would like to have this
> encapsulated as a `\fpar' (or something similar), in analogy to
> `\f'.

I also think it would be a good idea. Not only for dynamics, but to be
able to do it with many _grobs_, or a group of some of them, without
the need of scheme hacking, if i want a parenthesised note, compass,
or chord in particullar.

A related, and more usefull thing i request is being able to print
chords with parenthesis, and also a way to type alternative chords
choices. So one could achive this:

                           ( Cm           F7 )

  C-7                       F7

The difference between doing it with markup texts is that it wouldn't
be _chords_ at all. It would be text, and disconnected with the
harmony, and its layout, with all the disvantages that it brings.

regards,
José Luis