Re: Patch for lily/hyphen-spanner.cc

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Patch for lily/hyphen-spanner.cc
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:40:48 +0100

Bertalan Fodor writes:

> I've been thinking about my problem about a bit and now I think that
> including this patch is not a bad idea.

Wow, a real patch :-) Now I don't think the problem is so easy.  This
code

>    /*
> -    If there is not enough space, the hyphen should disappear.
> +    If there is not enough space, the hyphen should *not* disappear.
>     */

was especially added, to mimic engraved lyrics examples.  In some
languages, lik dutch and german, most hyphens should disappear when
there is no space.  Best would be to have disappearing and
non-dissapearing hyphens, maybe -- and ---?