Re: stems too long

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: stems too long
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:13:48 +0100 (CET)

> > > Can you check if current CVS has the correct behavior?
> >
> > No, it hasn't.  In the example code I've sent to you the first
> > stem is [...]
>
> Opps. Forgot to commit :-)

It works now, thanks.  I wonder whether stem shortening should be
handled specially for piano music.  Have a look at at the attached
image.  Stems into the normal direction should probably shortened
`later' because the stems point into the space framed by the staves
for the left and right hand.  I know that I can configure those
values, but nice defaults are quite useful.  Additionally I believe it
isn't possible yet to provide different shortening values for up and
down stems.

    Werner

PNG image