Re: reading material?

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: reading material?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:54:20 -0300

* Han-Wen Nienhuys (address@hidden) wrote:
> * Structure & Interpretation of Computer Programs by Abelson and
> Sussman (this book has a very wide scope, and contains way more
> information than you need for LilyPond hacking, but it's a wonderful
> book)

The full book is available here:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

and this site:

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/

has twenty video lectures by Hal Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman). The
videos are from 1986 but are still valid. I'm learning a lot from
these videos (yah, I'm also learning scheme to hack lilypond :-))

Pedro