Re: debian package status

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: debian package status
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:52:11 +0200

Pedro Kroger writes:

> As you know I started a new "branch" in the debian package.

Great!

[snip]

> *I still don't have pictures in my info files, but I don't know if the
> problem is in my system, emacs, texinfo, lilypond, or debian. I have
> to dig further. This is the major thing missing in my package.

You should have makeinfo 4.7, emacs CVS to see them, and info/pictures
installed as:

    /usr/share/info/lilypond/lilypond.info
                             lily-x.png ->
../../doc/lilypond[-doc?]/?/lily-x.png
                             lily-y.png ->
../../doc/lilypond[-doc?]/?/lily-y.png
    /usr/share/doc/lilypond[-doc?]/?/lily-x.png
                                     lily-y.png

See also the comment in Documentation/user/GNUmakefile.

In the foreseeable future (hopefully makeinfo 4.8), info pictures can
live in a separate directory from the .info files, and lilypond.info* can
move back up:

    /usr/share/info/lilypond.info
                    lilypond.d -> ../../doc/lilypond[-doc?]/?/

Jan.