Re: removed bugs from lily-bugs

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: removed bugs from lily-bugs
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 02:23:08 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:48:31 +0200 Erik Sandberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > Just having recently noticed that the closing notification of a bug
> > is to be written in lilypond/ChangeLog, I have to say that you are doing
> > well!
>
> This is a _very_ good point... So, until we find a good reason, can we
> just live without a ChangeLog in the bug collection?

Note that lilypond/ChangeLog contains only closing notifications. What about
additions and modifications? The purpose of ChangeLog file is written into its
name: you can easily and collectively check what has been changed in the
repository.

One may easily figure out that if there is only one person making changes to the
repository, making reports is not so important (if the person can memorize
everything). But if you give writing permission to other people, you may
yourself be interested on the changes other people are making in the repository.

Therefore, why not to have just a very simple lily-bugs/ChangeLog:

2004-06-06  Mister X  <address@hidden>

        * newbug.ly, newbug.png: add.

        * stillbug.ly: modify.

        * oldbug.ly: remove. (moved to closed)

If there is ChangeLog file, (other) people dare make changes more spontaneously
-- when being part of a developing group. Then the meister of the repository is
also easily informed. (Note that all the people who have writing permission to
lilypond/ directory have it also to lily-bugs/ directory.)

I cannot figure out a CVS command which would collect the modification history
of a CVS repository. Is there one?

  Heikki Junes