\lyrics to and \partcombine

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: \lyrics to and \partcombine
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:33:34 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to use both \lyricsto and
> \partcombine.  Specifying the rhythmic attributes of syllables in a
> Lyrics context does not yield satisfactory results (the results are
> distinctly different from \lyricsto applied to the melodic voice). And
> obviously the voice contexts that remain after the \partcombine
> operation cannot be used for \lyricsto.

This is an unintended use of the part-combiner. Since Voices are
switched in the part-combined stave, the lyrics lines should also
switch their associatedVoice.

If you're not afraid of hacking C++, then you could try to modify the
Part_combine_iterator to set the names of the currently active Voices
in a property (say currentlyActiveVoices), and change
new-lyric-combine-iterator to have an option to look at the
currentlyActiveVoices of property of the Staff context, and switch the
value of associatedVoiceContext accordingly.