asian scripts + lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: asian scripts + lilypond
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:35:37 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Here my results typesetting a Japanese folk song (Sakura sakura) and a
> Chinese children song (Xiao haizi guai guai) with version 2.2.4.
>
> The current `lilypond' script must be extended to pass more
> information:
>
>   . Two new \header fields `atbegindocument' and `atenddocument'.
>     While I haven't actually used the latter it makes sense to provide
>     it for symmetry.
>
>     I need this to set the default font family for the Asian script.
>
>   . The `latexpackages' now handles optional parameters to packages.
>     Example:
>
>       The following
>
>         latexpackages = "[encapsulated]CJK,pinyin,[cjkbg5]ucs"
>
>       now translates to
>
>         \usepackage[encapsulated]{CJK}
>         \usepackage{pinyin}
>         \usepackage[cjkbg5]{ucs}
>
> See the attached diff.
>
> BTW, the `inputencoding' \header field isn't documented in section
> 5.1.2 of lilypond.info, and `fontencoding' is incorrectly documented
> as `fontenc'.

I appreciate the patch, but lilypond.py will change for lily 3.0. Our
plan is that lilypond.py will use direct PS.  Special functionality,
like LaTeX packages and non-standard (non-latin) font-encoding should
be dealt with by writing your own .tex wrapper file around
lilypond-bin's tex output, or using lilypond-book.