fink 2.3.8: lilypond script needs different options for ps2pdf

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: fink 2.3.8: lilypond script needs different options for ps2pdf
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:21:36 -0700

First, where do bug reports about 2.3.x belong?  -devel?  -bug?  That
bug database that somebody set up?

-devel is fine, I think, but please Cc: me if you have the slightest suspicion that it might be a packaging/portability issue.

Lilypond fails to process a simple file on OSX:

Works for me (Not with the SAME simple file, of course...)

ps2pdf: illegal option -- s
Usage: ps2pdf [inputfile] [-o outname] [-l] [-p] [-i]
Try: man pstopdf
spark-daemonology-net:~/tmp gperciva$

OSX uses apple's version of pstopdf, but their version doesn't respond to --version, so I can't report exactly what version is.

You should NOT be getting "apple's version of pstopdf". You should have /sw/bin/ps2pdf, which should have been put there by either ghostscript or ghostscript6. Which ghostscript package do you have installed (fink list ghostscript) ?

Matthias