Encoding Problems

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Encoding Problems
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:37:46 -0400

Starting with release 2.3.7, there is apparently an encoding problem. In
2.3.6, fret-diagrams.scm obtained cmss8 by getting a font with
(font-encoding . TeX-text).  In later releases, although scm/font.scm
continues to list TeX-text as the encoding for cmss8, fret-diagrams is
unable to find the font, and instead uses a courier-style serif font.

I found that changes were made to scm/encoding.scm for release 2.3.7,
which I believe are responsible for the problem, but I don't know enough
about how the fonts work in lilypond to fix it.

Could I get either (a) a fix to lilypond so that the current font
requests in fret-diagrams work properly again, or (b) a description of
how I should fix the font requests so that they work properly?

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen