building README.txt, INSTALL.txt from cvs version

From: Graham Percival
Subject: building README.txt, INSTALL.txt from cvs version
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:40:03 -0700

I think I'm missing something obvious.

I sort-of managed to get a CVS version of Lilypond building on OSX, via fink -- everything was compiled, the fonts were created, it was doing the final installing of README.txt, etc. But it couldn't find README.txt, and thus the build failed.

I know that the CVS version of Lilypond doesn't include INSTALL.txt, README.txt, and other files in Documentation/topdocs. How do those files get built? ./autogen.sh doesn't seem to make them. I have a vague memory of a "make topdocs", but that doesn't produce anything.

I can "cd Documentation/topdocs; make" and get the files in Documentation/topdocs/out, but that doesn't help when fink is looking for them in the top directory.

Puzzled,