Male/female/other

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Male/female/other
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:00:31 -0700

I've rewritten a few entries in the music glossary to avoid completely
avoid singular pronouns.  This leaves me with two examples (out of the
entire LilyPond docs); both from the introduction.

I suppose that since there's only -two- instances in which this is an
issue, it really doesn't matter.  And since they're in the wordy
introduction rather than the "real" manual, it matters even less.  But,
having introduced this matter here, I'd like to get his resolved.  :)

(these examples originally used male pronouns; I'd already changed
them to female)

Reword these sentences as you see fit, and we'll pick which one
we like the best.

"Engraving was a highly specialized skill, a craftsman had
to complete around five years of training before she could
be a master engraver."

"If the musician looks away once or has a lapse in her
concentration, she will have lost her place on the page."