Re: Male/female/other

From: R. D. Davis
Subject: Re: Male/female/other
Date: 14 Sep 2004 12:06:34 -0400
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:06:34 -0400

Quothe Ralph Little, from writings of Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:12:24AM +0100:
> Funnily enough, I already commented on this sort of thing and I tend to
> agree with Han-Wen on this.

So do I.

> Further, if we were writing articles on child birth, I think that
> phrases like "his cervix" rather make the "politically correct" strategy
> silly. <snigger>

Is "political correctness" supposed to make sense?  Darned if I ever
found anything about it to be sensible.  It seems as though the only
people who truly benefit from political correctness are those who go
around giving paid lectures on it and writing books promoting it, etc.

> You're never going to please everybody all of the time, and to be quite
> honest, contrary to what a lot of media commentators say on this

Righto... but then, didn't you know that honesty isn't fair in
sitiations where it sides with what's politically incorrect?  (sarcasm
intended ;-) )

--
Copyright (C) 2004 R.D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals: an
All Rights Reserved            unnatural belief that we're above Nature & her