solid background for text signs

From: Matevz Jekovec
Subject: solid background for text signs
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:57:46 +0200

I suggest the following new feature.

As seen in many sources (currently looking at Henle urtext Chopin's Etudes), expression text signs (cresc., ritardando, sotto voce...) have solid white background, so the bar lines don't mix up with them. Usually, we can avoid hitting a slur, a stem or a dynamic marking, but hardly a bar line. IMO, this shouldn't be a default setting for all the text signs now (sometimes, a short pin of a note beam won't do any harm to a large /fortissimo/ sign), but should allow being optional.

I attached a scanned part of the Chopin's Etude op.25 no.2. Notice the /molto legato/ sign.

- Matevz

JPEG image