Using guile to display music objects created in LilyPond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Using guile to display music objects created in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:25:04 -0700

Trying to display LilyPond music objects in the guile interpreter, and
following up on Nicolas Sceaux
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-03/msg00014.html):

I created a file fret-context-test.ly:

mymusic={d}
\score{
  <<
    \chords{\mymusic}
    %\new FretDiagrams {d}
    \chordmode{\mymusic}

}
#(top-repl)

When I execute the file, it drops me into the guile interpreter:

address@hidden lilypond-files]$ lilypond fret-context-test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.5.0.hwn1
Processing `fret-context-test.ly'
Parsing...
guile>

Then I try to copy what Nicolas has done:

guile> (define-module (*anonymous-ly-1*))
#<directory (*anonymous-ly-1*) f6aea420>

So far, so good.  Now I want to see what's in mymusic, first as a scheme
object, then by pretty-printing.

guile> mymusic

Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* mymusic

<unnamed port>: In expression mymusic:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: mymusic
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

So it appears that guile doesn't know about mymusic, which was defined
in the lilypond file.

I can load the mus:display functions into scheme.

guile> (load "musdisplay.scm")

But when I try to display mymusic, I get
guile> (mus:display mymusic)

Backtrace:
In standard input:
   6: 0* [mus:display ...

standard input:6:1: While evaluating arguments to mus:display in
expression (mus:display mymusic):
standard input:6:1: Unbound variable: mymusic
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

So again, it appears that guile doesn't know about mymusic, which is
defined in the lilypond file.

How can I make this work?

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen