Re: Internals URLs in individual web pages vs. one big page

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Internals URLs in individual web pages vs. one big page
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:37:54 +0100

Graham Percival writes:

> When looking at the "one big page", we have the following (not correct)
> links:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
> lilypond-internals.html#NoteEvent

Why is this not correct?  Oh, I see, the extra /lilypond/ dir.

> Why does the build process give them different URLs?

Makinfo generates the urls, and for urls that refer to external
documents, it assumes that the external document is generated using
the same --split/--no-split options.

> Or a better question, how can we fix this?  :)

With a text substitution afterwards.  There's already some perl (yuk)
stuff in user/GNUmakefile.  I'd have a go myself, but I don't feel
like testing it right now.

Jan.