Re: did shaped note support ever get added?

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: did shaped note support ever get added?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:31:34 -0800

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 10:23:12AM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Just as some other feature requests that pop up on the mailing list,
the feature would be useful to a fairly narrow group of users

Over there in Europe, it can look like we are only a "narrow" group of
users, but here in North America there are a LOT of people who enjoy
singing music that is in shaped note format.  A lot of hymnals are still
being printed in shaped notes.

Finale did add shaped note support to their product for a reason; the
market was there!  We North Americans do preserve some items of history
that Europe has shed.  Do not discriminate against us on that account.

Jonathan

--
Patriarchy, Polygamy, Slavery ::: Fatherhood, Husbandry, Mastery

Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine. Sola Scriptura!
Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 12706 99 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V2P8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-582-9308 (between 7am and 11pm, PST)
Website: http://reactor-core.org/