Re: bugs/convert-ly.txt

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: bugs/convert-ly.txt
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:09:01 +0100

I think the main problem that convert-ly cannot handle is the old
text markup commands. Since that syntax used parenthesis, convert-ly
will think that the last right parenthesis is a slur end and move it
to after the next note. There are several examples in the mailing list
archives. I think the best way to document these problems is to show
some examples of input, convert-ly output and the correct new syntax.
Since there is no simple one-to-one relationship between the old and
new support for text markup, we should also include a link to the
documentation of the text markup.
I could try to write the text, but since I'm fairly overloaded by other
tasks for the moment, I would really appreciate if someone else could
do the job.

   /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

Hi,

I have added a file convert-ly.txt to the bug cvs, containing comments about known limitations/bugs in convert-ly. Perhaps it could be a good idea to be

this should just be part of the documentation. Graham?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology