Re: LilyPond 2.5.4 released

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.5.4 released
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:08:57 +0100

On Sunday 19 December 2004 15.56, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> LilyPond 2.5.4 is out. This release has some major brainsurgery in the
> font handling. As of now, LilyPond loads the music fonts in OpenType
> font format using FreeType.  This has made a lot of things simpler,
> including font handling for the GNOME backend and SVG backend. It
> should be possible now to run
>
>        lilypond -f svg <lyfile>
>
> and load the resulting lyfile.svg directly into Inkscape.
>
> Kudos to Werner Lemberg for his tips with designing this, and to
> George Williams for his relentlesswork on FontForge.
>
> LilyPond 2.5.x now has some more build dependencies, including
>
>  * fontforge 12 dec 2004 or newer
>
>  * freetype 2
>
>  * mftrace 1.1.0

I have now created debian packages for fontforge 20041218 and mftrace 1.1.1,
if anyone is interested.

It should be mentioned that I am not a real debian packager, and that these
packages aren't well-packages. But they seem to work.

http://www.math.uu.se/~sandberg/fontforge-doc_0.0.20041218-0_all.deb
http://www.math.uu.se/~sandberg/fontforge_0.0.20041218-0_i386.deb
http://www.math.uu.se/~sandberg/mftrace_1.1.0-0_i386.deb

Erik