Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog mf/feta-eindelijk.mf mf/fe...

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog mf/feta-eindelijk.mf mf/fe...
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 01:03:52 +0100 (CET)

> >     Prepare glyph shapes for mf2pt1 conversion.
>
> Why are you doing this? I have the impression that without filldraw,
> the MF code becomes (slightly) more complex.  Am I missing
> something?

Sorry for not announcing -- I thought that the advantages are obvious:
Exact generation of the music glyphs, no need for mftrace.
Additionally, the conversion will be around 10times faster.  We still
need fontforge for removing overlaps[1] and adding hints, though.

    Werner

[1] The roex.mf module doesn't work with metapost, unfortunately.