Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:57:06 -0800

On 9-Jan-05, at 8:21 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
This would _greatly_ improve the organization of large LilyPond
projects.
I very enthusiastically second this motion.  :)

There is a -e SCHEME-CODE command line option, which can be used to
pass arbitrary code into Lily. It would need some glue code to make
sure that appropriate routines are called for each \score or \book
block. All you need to do is, is find a Scheme guru willing to write
that glue.

Yes... although I think it's worth adding a command-line option for
LilyPond just for this.  Say, -t.

lilypond -t vn1 foo.ly
lilypond -t vlc foo.ly
lilypond -t score foo.ly

If I'm just doing the \tag way of making parts, I could use the -e SCHEME
method.  But I really think that the \tag method is a friendly way for
newbies to create parts, and so I'd like to make it quite easy to use.
"-t vn1" is much nicer than "-e usetag=#'vn1" (or however the scheme
method would work).