Re: Difference in context handling from 2.4 to 2.5?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Difference in context handling from 2.4 to 2.5?
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 02:52:25 +0100

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 10.08, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I happened to compare the last example of
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Writing-po
>lyphonic-music.html#Writing-polyphonic-music (the one on force-hshift) to
> the corresponding example at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Writing-po
>lyphonic-music.html#Writing-polyphonic-music (version 2.5.9)
>
> Is it intentional that the same code splits into two staves in version
> 2.5 but stays within a single stave in version 2.4?
>
>     /Mats

Yes, it seems that somehow, new voices create new staves by default unless the
new voice declaration is done within an explicit staff context.

This creates lots of backward incompatibility; IMHO the behaviour should
either be reverted to 2.4's before 2.6, or we should make sure that
convert-ly handles this. A lot of files in the bug repository are now broken.

Erik