Re: A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:31:17 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > I don't know. IMHO, these problems are not specific to lilypond, and
> > should be fixed by the distributor. Also, we have a  packaged script,
> > called
> >
> >     lexer-gcc-3.1.sh
> >
> > which seems to fix the same problem. Perhaps we have to rename the
> > script. Can you check whether that script does the trick?
>
> As the name of this script induces, it fixes compilation for gcc 3.1 but
> it not working with gcc >= 3.3.
>
> You're right, that these problems should eventually be fixed by the flex
> developers, however they have been unable (ignorant) to do so for
> severel years now, so a working solution distributed with your software
> would let users of *your* software benefit.

Yeah - that'd be great, except that I have none of the systems
affected, making testing rather difficult. Can you add the appropriate
changes to the

  lexer-gcc-3.1.sh

script, so that it works for your system, but also does not break
previous fixes that the script addresses?

> Maybe an automatic patch via "configure" scripts is too much, you should
> at least distribute a working fix-script for current releases of
> software needed to build lilypond (and I won't call gcc 3.1 current
> nowadays).

Changing the name of the script is easily done.